Google

November 6, 2007

"Le Fronde"

So last weekend was highly derogatory.

I decided to go out in Bellingham, I got up there actually pretty late. After connecting with some friends I actually ended up coming across an oh so familiar face.

I stopped. I stared, couldn't place it. Walked on.

I got a drink and rejoined the amigos. I sat there but I was bothered, where did I remember that face from? I decided to grab another drink and another look.

This time she turned to look up at me as I passed by. She did a double take, she knew me too.

Somebody in the crowd stopped me "I know you!".

I didn't recognize her at all. Ok, maybe a little, but I was a bit caught up in trying to figure out the other girl. So I gave girl two a funny look and shrugged my shoulders. This caused her to redouble. "No, I so know you!"

We'll call her J. The crazy thing is that once I figured it out I did SO know her. From way back when I was a senior in high school, maybe even a junior. She went to a different school, but her and an amiga used to hang out with me and a few of my friends. On top of all this she was out with girl one, who was in fact that very amiga. She can be M.

M as it turns out was on her 21 run, so I joined them. Snagged a couple shots of whiskey- I oh so love Wild Turkey btw- and introduced them.

"I hope you girls are whiskey drinkers" down the hatch, clink clink clink. Glasses hit the table.

We all get to talking and getting along. M has turned out to be a beautiful woman.

She invites me to hang out afterwards, so I get her number. After she puts it into my phone I close it and put it into my pocket.

Only later do I find out that I'm a total toolbag and closed my phone without saving the number.

A long cold walk later I find myself back at my friends house to crash for a few hours. I'm a little bummed to say the least.

No comments: